As a donor-supported community foundation and a catalyst for change, we support transformative philanthropy, programs, and individuals in the Northwest that help people find joy and strength in who they are and where they are—in urban, rural, and remote communities.
Josh Hemsath is Pride Foundation’s full-time Regional Development Organizer in Alaska based in Anchorage. Josh travels throughout Alaska meeting donors, volunteers, grantees, and scholars from Bethel to Juneau, Anchorage to Fairbanks, and points in between.
Contact Josh to learn more about Pride Foundation’s work in the Last Frontier and to find out how you can get involved. Be sure to sign up for Pride Foundation’s monthly eNewsletter to learn more about our supporters, grantees, and scholars. You can also read all of Josh’s Alaska stories online.
Local Leadership: By Alaska, For Alaska
Local leadership makes Pride Foundation’s work meaningful and relevant as local Alaskan volunteers help award our grants and scholarships in Alaska. Alaska’s Leadership Action Team is one group of volunteers that provides guidance and advice to staff. Representing Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau, members of the 2014 Leadership Action Team are:
- Thomas Azzarella, Director of the Alaska Afterschool Network, Alaska Children’s Trust – Anchorage, AK
- Kara Carlson, Development Director, Interior Alaska Center for Non-Violent Living – Fairbanks, AK
- Kathy DiLorenzo, Masters of Public Administration Program Director, University of Alaska Southeast – Juneau, AK
- Vickie Green, Department of Veterans Affairs – Anchorage, AK
- Drew Michael, Artist – Anchorage, AK
- Adam Ottavi, Artist – Fairbanks, AK