FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can apply for sponsorship?
An organization must have 501(c)3 non-profit tax status or be affiliated with an organization that has 501(c)3 tax status which will assume fiscal responsibility for all funds received and expended. Grants to individuals cannot be considered.
What type of events does Pride Foundation sponsor?
Pride Foundation sponsors diverse events, gatherings and programs, including (but not limited to) regional LGBTQ and ally-focused community celebrations, health fairs, film festivals, and gay-straight alliance events.
What level of funding is available?
Each sponsorship opportunity is considered individually, including level of funding. Sponsorship awards range from $50 to $500 depending on the scope of the event, location, audience, expected community impact, and depth of outreach benefits.
Do I need to submit the application online? What if I have my own form or sponsorship packet?
There is not a paper version of the form. You may submit the form we provide or use your own, but it must include all the information we request. Incomplete information may result in your sponsorship request not being considered.
What do we look for in a sponsorship request?
Our overarching guidelines for funding sponsorship requests include:
- Reach – How many people will be in attendance?
- Audience – Does the event target a demographic that Pride Foundation prioritizes?
- Presence – Will Pride Foundation staff or volunteers be able to show up and represent the organization at the event?
- Prospects/Contacts – Will Pride Foundation have a chance to talk and interact with attendees and tell them about our work?
- Mission Fit – Does the event fit with Pride Foundation’s mission and broader social justice philanthropy vision and goals?
- Social Justice Values – Does the event target or serve a historically marginalized group?
- Likelihood of success – How likely is it that this event will happen without Pride Foundation’s support?
Sponsorship Request Process
If you are using our sponsorship form, download the form here. It is in Microsoft Word format. Once you complete the form, save it and return it via email to the appropriate regional contact listed below.
If you have your own prepared sponsorship packet, please send those materials to the appropriate regional contact listed below. It must include all the information requested in our form.
Alaska: Josh Hemsath – firstname.lastname@example.org
Idaho: Steve Martin – email@example.com
Montana: Kim Leighton – firstname.lastname@example.org
Oregon: Jett Johnson – email@example.com
Eastern Washington: Farand Gunnels – firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Washington: Gunner Scott – email@example.com
Review Process for Washington State and King County: your sponsorship request must be submitted by the first Friday of the month in which you want your application to be considered. You will be notified of a decision within two weeks of submitting your request.
Review Process for all other regions: Please submit sponsorship requests at least 30 days prior to the event or any advertising deadlines. You will be notified of a decision within two weeks of submitting your request.