For a full list of project descriptions and information about our 2014 grantees, please click here.
Priorities for Pride Foundation’s Grants Program:
Pride Foundation seeks to invest in organizations, projects, programs and/or strategies that advance our priorities by expanding opportunities and/or advancing full equality through one or more of the following:
- Reduce growing disparities and inequities within the LGBTQ community, with an emphasis on supporting people who remain most invisible and vulnerable
- Promote structural and institutional change that eliminates long-standing barriers to opportunities and resources for LGBTQ people
- Address emerging and critical issues that threaten the safety, livelihood, and well-being of LGBTQ individuals and families across our region
- Expand and deepen the level of engagement with LGBTQ people and allies, with a particular emphasis on those who have been historically marginalized, including people of color, transgender people and low-income people
- Cultivate an interconnected LGBTQ movement across our region by fostering collaboration and bringing together diverse organizations and leaders to advance the agenda for equality
If you have any questions, contact Gunner Scott, Director of Programs, at 206-323-3318 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a visual overview of the application layout, please our download our 2014 Grant Software Application Guide which includes an overview of our new grant software platform and each of the three short sections of our revised grant application. The application software platform supports the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8.0 and above, Safari 4.0 and above, Firefox 3.6 and above, Google Chrome (current stable version).
- Organizations or projects must operate within one or more of the Northwest states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and/or Washington.
- Applicant projects or organizations must have 501(c)3 non-profit tax status or be affiliated with an organization that has 501(c)3 tax status that will assume fiscal responsibility for all funds received and expended.
- Organizations can apply for only one grant per year.
- Organizations that receive grants must submit a written evaluation at the completion of the project.
- Pride Foundation does not provide multi-year funding commitments. Applicants are welcome to apply annually.
What we do fund:
- General operating
- Capacity building
- Projects, programs, and/or strategies
- Collaborative efforts/projects – We define collaborations as two or more organizations working together to achieve shared goals, in which each brings different and complementary perspectives, knowledge, and/or skills to that project/program, have accountability and responsibility to each other and that each entity of the collaboration will receive a portion of the funding if awarded.
What we do not fund:
- Requests from individuals
- Fundraising or recognition events
- Capital campaigns
- National organizations or local affiliates, except programs developed at the local level and specific to local needs
- Academic research grants
When is the application due?
Grant applications will be accepted until July 3, 2015 at 4pm AKST/ 5pm PST/ 6pm MST.
- Grant application opens June 1, 2015 and applications will be accepted until Friday, July 3, 2015 at 4:00pm AKST / 5:00pm PST / 6:00pm MST. Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- All applicants will be notified by November 3, 2015 via email and postal mail that week.
Submitting your application FAQs
Q: My login and password info isn’t working. I tried the “Forgot Password?” option but I never received an email. How do I log into the application?
A: If this is the first time you’ve logged into this year’s application, you will need to sign up for a new account, since the application software is new. If not, please check your spam folder for the auto-generated password recovery email.
Q: I never received an automatic email when I submitted my grant. Did it submit correctly? Do I have to do anything else?
A: If you were able to successfully submit both sections (Org Profile and Proposal) without issue, you submitted your application correctly and do not need to do anything else. You will not receive an automatic email after submitting your complete application, but the dialogue on the main menu that will appear right after submitting your proposal should make it very clear that you are all set! If you want to double-check, contact Gunner at email@example.com. or 206-323-3318 as soon as possible.
Q: Is word count or character count more important?
A: All essay questions should be based entirely on word count.
Q: I can’t download the proposal budget template! What do I do?
A: Contact Gunner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-323-3318 to have it emailed it to you.
Q: I can’t upload my completed budget! What do I do?
A: Email the budget template to Gunner at email@example.com as soon as possible with a brief explanation that you are unable to upload it, and if it is before the deadline he will attempt to upload it for you.
Q: I can’t access my application after submitting it. How do I get a copy for my records?
A: Email Gunner at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Q: I’m getting an error message when I enter dates on the application. Why?
A: Dates need to be entered in this format: MM/DD/YYYY.
When is the application due?
Grant applications will be accepted until July 3, 2015 at 4pm AKST/5pm PST/6pm MST.
When we be notified if we are being awarded a grant?
You will receive a response via email, whether a denial or approval, no later than November 3, 2015 and by postal mail within that week.
What is the average grant amount?
While there is no maximum grant award, our average grant awards can range between $1,000 and $10,000.
If you need more information regarding this process, contact your area’s Regional Development Organizer.
For general grant assistance or questions, or if your project will be operating in more than one state in the Northwest, please email our Director of Programs, Gunner Scott, or call 206.323.3318 or toll free at 800.735.7287.
Sign up for Pride Foundation’s monthly eNewsletter to receive notification of future grant and scholarship updates and deadlines, and other Pride Foundation news.