The deadline for submission is January 11, 2016 4:00pm AKST/5:00pm PST/6:00pm MST.
Sign up for Pride Foundation’s monthly eNewsletter to receive notification of future grant and scholarship deadlines, and other Pride Foundation news.
Pride Foundation’s scholarship program is committed to supporting LGBTQ and allied students that:
- Show leadership potential either within the LGBTQ community and/or within their field of study;
- Lack a broader LGBTQ community support system;
- Face additional barriers to educational access, including students who are economically, racially, socially, geographically, or politically disenfranchised.
- Demonstrate significant financial need
The following are required criteria for all Pride Foundation scholarships:
Northwest Residency: Applicants must be a resident of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington but may study elsewhere. Applicants are considered a resident of one of these states if they:
- currently live within that state and have done so for at least three months prior to the application deadline; or
- have lived within that state for at least one year at any time within the five years prior to the application deadline.
Pursuing Post-Secondary Education: Applicants must be pursuing post-secondary education. This includes community college, four year public or private college or university, certificate programs, vocational/technical/trade programs, law school, medical/dental/veterinary school, or graduate education. Current college students and those individuals planning to enroll in a program next year are eligible as are current high school seniors. High school freshman, sophomores, or juniors are not eligible nor are individuals who are not planning to enroll in higher education next year.
If you need more information regarding this process, contact your area’s Regional Development Organizer. For general scholarship assistance or questions, please email our Educational Programs Officer or call 206.323.3318 or toll free at 800.735.7287.