Help the community and gain valuable skills! Pride Foundation’s interns get the chance to do high-level work that helps with our mission of LGBTQ equality.
Although we are not able to pay our interns, we do our best to reward them with real world skills and connections in the community. This is an ideal experience for someone interested in a career in the nonprofit sector, particularly in philanthropy, and in applying his/her education and skills in a real-world environment. Learning opportunities include:
- Exposure to processes and practices used in community foundations from engagement with a community grant cycle, a scholarship cycle, to analyzing data, to handling research.
- Exposure to how LGBTQ philanthropy fits into philanthropy as a whole and understanding the expectations of donors, volunteers, scholars and grantees, and the communities we serve.
- Gain experience in use of the grants and scholarship application software, donor and volunteer database software, and other web-based tools such as developing and facilitating webinars.
- Learn to work as part of a collaborative regional team.
- Receive experiences in grant reviewing, conducting grantee site visits, interviewing potential scholars, survey development, and engaging with volunteers and donors.
- Receive supervision, coaching, mentoring, and training opportunities.
Current Internship Opportunities
All internships are located in Seattle, WA office
Grants Program seeks to fund proposed ideas, projects, and strategies from community organizations as they work toward enhancing the lives and addressing the needs of LGBTQ youth, adults, and families by positively impacting local communities in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
- Researching best practices in granting programs, developing landscape and areas of impact studies, assisting with evaluation of the grants program overall.
- Supporting the community grants cycle including reading and evaluating grant applications, conducting site visits, and following up with grantees.
Development/Community Engagement Program conducts outreach and relationship building activities to identify and engage philanthropic partners who are the center of this donor-supported community foundation.
- Assisting with event planning activities for a variety of events ranging from house parties to large gatherings.
- Developing timelines, surveys, tracking spreadsheets and other tools to increase project management efficiency.
- Researching innovative methods of resource mobilization.
ScholarshipProgram provides post-secondary educational scholarships to current and future leaders in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ), and straight ally community from in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
- Supporting the scholarship cycle, review scholarship applications, and assisting with presenting scholarship workshops.
- Researching best practices, conducting cost analysis of tuition and financial award rates, assisting with evaluation of the scholarship program overall.
- Assisting with growing our Scholarship Alumni Network including outreach, surveying, and engaging with past Pride Foundation Scholars.
Communications Program ensures that Pride Foundation’s friends, donors, volunteers, grantees, scholars, and the public feel frequently engaged, informed, and inspired by the organization and its vision.
- Assists with crafting and promoting effective and cohesive messages reflecting on complex and sensitive community issues.
- Assists with creating, coordinating, editing, and deploying digital and print communications including social media pages, blog posts, eNewsletter, online calendar, print newsletter, brochures, advertisements, and annual report
- Passion for LGBTQ communities, social justice, and the nonprofit sector.
- Experience with software platforms including Microsoft Office and social media.
- Organized, able to work independently and take initiative as necessary.
- Ability to think creatively and learn quickly.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Writing and editing skills for delivering messages in simple, understandable ways (Linked In posts, tweets, Facebook posts, etc).
How to Apply