Community Grants Application Opens May 1, 2017on April 6th, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Each year, Pride Foundation invests in organizations and projects that are transforming the lives of LGBTQ people and their families across the Northwest through our Community Grants Program.
While LGBTQ equality has progressed in recent years, ongoing systemic discrimination continues and must be addressed in order to improve access to opportunities for LGBTQ youth, adults, seniors, and families throughout our region.
We are seeking partners—organizations, projects, and/or programs—that provide services, advocacy, and/or education efforts in support of LGBTQ people, especially people who remain most vulnerable to discrimination and most impacted by injustices.
Past projects have addressed issues including, but not limited to:
- Expanding healthcare access for those in rural or remote locations;
- Developing public education campaigns about transgender people;
- Addressing housing instability and food insecurity;
- Offering HIV prevention/intervention supports;
- Providing social services for LGBTQ seniors, youth, violence survivors, or those with mental health or substance use issues;
- Advancing legal rights;
- Supporting LGBTQ immigrants and refugees;
- Creating accessible LGBTQ arts and culture experiences.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying or learning more, we have info sessions for you! Read more about our Community Grants Program, which opens May 1, at pridefoundation.org/grants
Gunner Scott is Pride Foundation’s Director of Programs. Email Gunner.