Pride Foundation seeks an experienced and motivated Database Administrator based at its regional headquarters in Seattle. This is a fast-paced and pivotal position for a creative and dynamic team player who wants to use their skills and experiences to positively affect change for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people and their families across the Northwest.
About Pride Foundation
Pride Foundation is a regional community foundation that inspires giving to expand opportunities and advance full equality for LGBTQ people across the Northwest, including Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. Through grants, scholarships, and initiatives, Pride Foundation has invested over $60 million in hundreds of nonprofit organizations, local leaders, and student scholars since our founding in 1985.
Pride Foundation has a $3.0 million operating budget with 15 full-time employees and several student interns. It is governed by a Board of Directors with 22 members from across the five-state region with diverse professional and personal backgrounds. The Database Administrator reports to the Director of Community Engagement.
Primary Responsibilities [Download PDF]
The Database Administrator is responsible for managing and implementing the effective and efficient operation of DonorPerfect Online, our current constituent management software consisting of more than 50,000 records. Pride Foundation’s database is the core information resource for the organization. Its integrity and capabilities are a critical support to our donor and volunteer relationships, communications, financial operations, and core programs.
- Meet universal data entry, management, and query needs of Pride Foundation.
- Lead all data entry and quality control procedures to ensure that data is accurate and maintain user controls and protocols.
- Process and acknowledge all donor gifts in a timely manner.
- Track communications, event invites, constituent outreach, fundraising campaigns, scholarship and grant awards, and volunteer service.
- Ensure for system functionality; lead creative problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with all staff to develop and generate strategic custom reports.
- Participate in the annual planning and ongoing tracking of metrics-based fundraising goals.
- Provide superb and timely customer service to outside constituents.
- Serve as the hub between all departments, maintaining proactive and accountable operations that meet a wide variety of needs.
- Act as the primary contact for inquiries about data and the software system; help train and onboard staff members in the basic use of database system.
- Serve as the liaison to database and gift processing vendors and their technical support.
- Supervise database volunteers.
- Lead all data-focused efforts with a full understanding of the complexity of Pride Foundation’s database.
- Assist accounting department with monthly reconciliation of pledges receivable and bank account deposit transactions, as well as annual reconciliation of all contributions.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Commitment to and passion for Pride Foundation’s vision, mission, and programs.
- Outstanding organizational skills—ability to maintain accuracy and attention to precise details in a fast-paced environment.
- Observant, service-oriented team player with the ability to work autonomously and develop quality relationships with all Pride Foundation constituents.
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Strong track record providing timely, responsive, and reliable service.
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to anticipate the needs of team members and to translate those needs into practical data solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with training staff at all levels of user skill and interest.
- Knowledge of LGBTQ issues and issues related to racial, economic, and reproductive justice, and working in rural communities.
- Understanding of both the possibilities and limits of database functionality.
- At least three years of experience with non-profit database work, including gift processing, record updates, user administration, and reporting.
- Highly competent with a leading donor management software program as well as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Typing speed of 70+ words per minute.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive. Pride Foundation determines its staff salaries using the Washington Nonprofit Wage & Benefit Annual Survey. Each salary is based on the average of similar positions in organizations of comparable size. For this position, the salary minimum is $40,000.
Excellent employer-paid benefits: medical (includes coverage of gender-confirming health services and procedures), dental, and vision coverage along with disability insurance, employer retirement account contribution after one year, and options for employees to invest in an individual retirement account.
Pride Foundation is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Send letter of interest and resume to: Kris Hermanns at Kris@PrideFoundation.org. Please include “Database Administrator” in the subject line of your email.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications by Monday, April 18, 2016. The position is available immediately. All applications will be reviewed and acted upon as they are received. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found.
For more information about Pride Foundation, please visit our website: www.PrideFoundation.org.