Racial Equity Initiative – Financial Management
Creating a financial foundation for your organization is an important step for any organization, no matter how small. Doing so helps you to:
- Make good use of the resources you have to make the biggest difference in your community
- Establish credibility among individual donors and foundations
- Keep everyone in the organization up to date on resources available
- Save and plan for the future
The following resource pages offer a range of templates, webinars and articles, all free to use for your organization. Don’t stop at the links below – explore the go to pages for lots of other ideas and resources!
Go To Pages
Check out these primary pages we’ve drawn from for a comprehensive view of financial management.
- The Nonprofits Assistance Fund Resources Library. This is a goldmine – check it out!
- Nonprofit Works page on downloadable resources
- Nonprofit and Philanthropy Good Practice page on Financial Management
- Nonprofit Finance Fund page on Nonprofit Finance 101. Though billed as a 101 resource, this site has resources for a more mature organization.
- Financial Self-Assessment
- Ten Step Budgeting Checklist
- Sample Line Item BudgetBudget Planner
- Cash Flow Template
- Balance Sheet Basics: What We Have, What We Owe, What We’re Worth
- Income Statement Basics: What’s Behind the Bottom Line
- Managing Restricted Funds: Catch, Then Release
- Glossary of Financial Terms
- Characteristics of Financially Healthy Nonprofits
- Improving Nonprofit Decision-Making Amid Crisis
- Reporting Financial Information to the Board
Go back to the Grantee Resource page.