Recruiting Community Grant Reviewers!on June 14th, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Pride Foundation is looking for volunteers to review applications for our 2017 Community Grants cycle!
Each year, Pride Foundation receives 150-200 grant applications. We utilize a team of committed and passionate community volunteers to help review a pool of applications and provide an analysis of each grant application based upon published grant criteria. The assessments by community volunteers are considered by staff in making funding recommendations and in providing feedback to applicants.
That is where you come in.
We are looking for a diverse group of LGBTQ or allied volunteer reviewers that are passionate about LGBTQ equality and equity. In particular, we are looking to identify additional volunteers who:
- Currently live or grew up in a rural area,
- Identify as a person of color,
- Identify as transgender or gender diverse,
- Have lived or professional experience working within issue areas or fields including racial justice, immigration, youth leadership and development, direct services, policy advocacy, anti-violence, community organizing, elders services, legal services, health care access, homelessness, and/or HIV & AIDS.
The grant review process is an excellent professional development opportunity and an impactful way of serving the LGBTQ community. Reviewers are provided training and exposure to new and innovative ideas, are engaged in the grant-making process of a regional funder, gain skills in grant writing, and build meaningful relationships with other LGBTQ and allied experts from a variety of backgrounds.
Important Dates for the 2017 Community Grants Cycle:
- Week of July 17: Participate in a required one-hour orientation webinar.
- August 7 – September 5: Review grant applications: Commit 5 to 10 hours to reviewing your pool of grant applications, including reading, analyzing, and completing assessments using an online portal.
- September 6: Participate in grant review panel discussion: Commit up to 2 hours to discuss (via video/phone) application reviews with fellow team members.
- In this time-sensitive review process, each reviewer will evaluate between 8-15 proposals over a four-week period through our online platform. The proposals are approximately three single-spaced pages each.
- Including the orientation webinar, reading and scoring applications, and the grant review team discussion, reviewers have reported an average total time commitment of approximately 16-20 hours.
To indicate your interest in joining our Community Grants Review Team, please fill out a volunteer application form by July 14, 2017.