Community Grants Review Volunteer Opportunities
Pride Foundation is looking for volunteers to evaluate applications for our 2018 Community Grants cycle!
Each year, Pride Foundation receives 150-200 grant applications and we utilize a team of committed and passionate volunteers to participate in the difficult task of narrowing down the pool of applicants.
Year after year, our goal is that, when the review process is complete, the grant recipients chosen will reflect the current landscape of the LGBTQ movement, and will specifically address the critical and timely needs of communities here in the Northwest.
That is where you come in.
We are looking for a diverse group of LGBTQ or allied volunteer reviewers that are passionate about LGBTQ equality and have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Currently lives or grew up in a rural area
- Identifies as a person of color
- Identifies as transgender
- Have lived or professional experience working within issue areas such as: social services, advocacy, anti-violence, community organizing, peer support, youth programs, elders services, legal services, immigration, health care access, racial justice, homelessness, and/or HIV/AIDS.
The grant review process is an excellent professional development opportunity and an impactful way of serving the LGBTQ community. Reviewers are provided training and exposure to new and innovative ideas, are engaged in the grant-making process of a major funder, gain skills in grant writing, and build meaningful relationships with other LGBTQ and allied experts from a variety of backgrounds.
Important Dates for the 2018 Community Grants Cycle:
- Week of July 23: Participate in a one-hour orientation webinar:includes instructions on reading and scoring applications, as well as a review of the software platform – there will a couple of sessions to choose from;
- Aug 6 – Sep 6: Review grant applications:10 to 18 hours reviewing your pool of approximately 8-15 grant applications, including reading, completing scoring rubric, and entering assessments into our software platform;
- Sept 6: Participate in grant review panel discussion: up to 1 hour to discuss grant applications with fellow team members, held early in the evening via video/audio call.
- In this time-sensitive review process, each reviewer will evaluate between 8-15 proposals over a four-week period through our online platform. The proposals are approximately three single-spaced pages each.
- Including the orientation webinar, reading and scoring applications, and the grant review team discussion, reviewers have reported an average total time commitment of approximately 10-20 hours.
To apply for our Community Grants Review Team, please fill out a volunteer application form by July 16, 2018.
For questions or comments about volunteering, contact Eden Shore at email@example.com.